By virtue of the sponsorship of laboratories and institutions in each region (Asia, Europe, Americas), a number of grants will be offered to students in the field of accelerator science to attend IPAC’20. The grants will include a waiver of the conference registration fees and a per diem allowance for travel and accomodation while attending the conference.
• must submit a contribution to the proceedings
• must attend the tutorial on Saturday 9, May (am, pm) and Sunday 10, May (am)
• must present their work at the student poster session on the Sunday afternoon preceding the conference
• must act as scientific secretaries in assisting the session chairs during one or two sessions
• must act as “poster police” during one poster session during the week
To apply for a grant, each student must submit:
• One letter of reference/support, signed by the Supervisor, Head of the Institute, Laboratory or University Department where the student is working/studying
• A copy of the student ID card.
The deadline for applications with your reference letter is WEDNESDAY 4, DECEMBER 2019
Please consult the Accelerator Prizes page for details of the prizes offered to Ph.D. and diploma students and prizes for best student poster presentations.
For questions about the grants and applications, please contact:
Local Student Grant Program Manager
Student Poster Session
A special student poster session will take place during delegate registration on Sunday 10, May 2020. All posters presented at this session will be in the running for the two student poster prizes. Each student can only present one contribution to the student poster session. All students receiving a grant to attend the conference must present their work in this session, and must submit a contribution to the proceedings.
If you are presenting a poster during the standard poster session, you will be presenting the same poster during the student poster session. If you are an invited/contributed speaker, you only present your poster during the student poster session
Poster preparation guidelines can be found here.
Student Poster Session Set-up
Posters should be setup from 13:30 to 14:00 on Sunday 10, May and students should attend to their posters to interact with judges and arriving conference delegates from 14:00 to 18:00.
Standard Poster Session
Information about the standard poster session on Monday – Thursday can be found here.