Diversity and representation Policy
The organisers of IPAC’20 aim to achieve a high level of diversity in speakers to reflect the diverse accelerator community. This is achieved by consideration of regional, gender and career level during development of the scientific programme. Gender diversity is for IPAC’20 targeted to be at least as high as the proportion of women in physics.
Statistics on the achieved speaker diversity will be made available on the conference website.
An event for discussion of diversity issues and networking will be held during the conference and open to all to attend.
Non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy
• IPAC’20 is committed to providing a conference experience where everyone is treated with respect, free from discrimination or harassment or bullying for any reason; for example, because of race, color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national or cultural origin, religion, creed, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, age, disability or handicap, physical appearance, body size, genetic information, political affiliation, matriculation, veteran or military status, marital status, citizenship status or socio-economic status, or on any other legally prohibited basis.
• Discrimination or harassment or bullying of conference participants will not be tolerated in any form. Conference participants violating this rule may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
• Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments, sexual images visible in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
• Exhibitors in the Industrial Exhibition are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexual images, activities, or other material in their displays. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexual clothing, uniforms, costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
• If a participant engages in discriminatory, harassing or bullying behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
• Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide security escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
• Participants are expected to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
By registering on the IPAC 20 website, you accept the following terms and conditions:
Web site address : ipac20.org
The conference is hosted by:
Bd Henri Becquerel, BP 55027, 14076 CAEN Cedex 05 – France
Phone : +33 2 31 45 46 47
Publishing manager : Frederic Chautard
Web hosting : GANIL
Personal data may be collected by GANIL, Bd Henri Becquerel | BP 55027 14076 CAEN Cedex 05.
Only the following personal data will be collected during the registration: Title, Last name, First name, Gender, Email Address, Affiliation, Country, Address, Town/Suburb, State, Postcode, Phone number, Emergency contact and all additional options.
Regarding the Student Grant Application more information are requested: degree, year of birth, region, years completed in your current course, other academic qualification, primary author, topic of research, previous grant information, student pledge, as well as a reference letter and a copy of student ID card.
The information are likely to be collected as a result of processing your registration.
A login and a password will be asked during the registration in order to allow you to login and modify your personal data.
To register, you need to have an account into SPMS – IPAC20 instance: Some of your SPMS information will be forwarded and recorded to IPAC20.org once you proceed the registration on SPMS. To get more information about SPMS policies, go on JACoW web site.
The data are available to:
• Local Organisation Committee
• Caen Evénement in order to create badges and to control entrance
• Our transport provider in order to manage transportation
• Caen La Mer / Tourism Office in order to organise the guided visits
• International student grant evaluation committee (only for Student Grant)
By default, you will be on the list of attendees on the web site and the application of IPAC20. During the registration process, you will be able to decline.
Data retention period
The data retention period shall not exceed three years after the end of the conference.
Data transfer outside the European Union
No data transfer outside the European Union is carried out.
In compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions, in particular Law No. 78-17 of 6 January amended relating to data processing, files and freedoms and European Regulation No. 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016 (applicable since 25 May 2018), you have the following rights :
• Update or delete your data by logging into your portal account and configuring its settings;
• Exercise your right of access, to know the personal data concerning you;
• Request the updating of your data, if it is inaccurate;
• Request portability or erasure of your data;
• Request the deletion of your account;
• Oppose, for legitimate reasons, the processing of your data;
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
To exercise these rights contact the IPAC20 IT Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizers are not liable for damages and/or losses of any kind which may be incurred by the conference delegates or by any other individuals accompanying them, both during the official activities as well as going to/from the conference. Delegates are responsible for their own travel and belongings.